Hard to believe that tomorrow will be a new year! Seems like we should only be half way done with 2012. I am looking forward to seeing what all is in store for us during 2013. One thing for sure is that I won’t complain if it isn’t nearly as eventful as 2012! Every year as December draws to an end I like to sit back and make New Year’s resolutions. I have also found that by sharing them with others, I follow through more. Most of my resolutions are easy things that with just a little extra work in the beginning, will become a natural habit.
I thought I’d take a few minutes and share my New Year’s resolutions with all of you.
1. Continue to work on being healthier. Yes, I want to lose weight but, more importantly I want to be healthy. This year I know I need to work out a
little lot more so that I can hit some more of my goals. I have a goal weight in mind and if I’m lucky I will hit it sometime this year. More importantly I have a pair of goal jeans sitting in my closet waiting for me to be able to slip them on.
2. Cut back on my consumption of Diet Coke. I’ll admit that I’m addicted to Diet Coke. It is the first thing I reach for every morning and I usually always have glass full where ever I go. Recently I’ve been drinking more caffeine free so that I won’t have to deal with the effects of caffeine withdraw.
3. To be more organized. Maybe I should say have a more organized system that everyone else understands. I know where pretty much everything is and goes, but struggle when trying to explain to others. While working on this better system, I will be purging closets, cabinets and drawers to help with some of the clutter and confusion.
4. To stick with a budget better. I used to be great with this. For some reason I stopped working on a budget and tracking our spending habits. It would be helpful for the whole family if I got back on top of it.
5. Make a cleaning schedule and follow it. House cleaning is one area that I’m pretty relaxed on. So when we’re planning to have company over, we go into mad rush cleaning mode and wear ourselves out. I’d much rather have a cleaner house all of the time that follows a schedule so that when company is coming over all we have to do is a simple sweep.
What are your resolutions for 2013?